Lavender (Lavendula Angustifolia) is the most versatile of all essential oils. Therapeutic-grade Lavender is marvelous for the skin and beauty. It is a great aid for relaxing and winding down before bedtime, yet has balancing properties that can also boost stamina and energy. It may be used to soothe and cleanse common cuts, bruises, and skin irritations. The fragrance is calming, relaxing, and balancing - both physically and emotionally.
Considered to be the "Swiss Army Knife" (most versatile) of essential oils, no home should be without it. This oil is gentle enough to use on dogs, cats and horses.
Spiritual Influence: Greater Intuition and Clarity
Common everyday uses:
- Calming: Rub Lavender on the feet for a calming effect on the body.
- Sleep Aid: Rub a drop of Lavender on your palms and smooth on your pillow to help you sleep.
- Bee Sting & Insect Bite: Put a drop of Lavender on a bee sting or insect bite to stop itching and reduce swelling.
- Minor Burn: Put 2-3 drops of Lavender on a minor burn to decrease pain once the wound has cooled.
- Cuts: Drop Lavender on cut to stop bleeding, cleanse wound, and kill bacteria.
- Eczema & Dermatitis: Mix several drops of Lavender with a carrier oil and use topically on affected area.
- Motion Sickness: To alleviate the symptoms of motion sickness, place a drop of Lavender on the end of the tongue, behind the ears, or around the navel.
- Nosebleed: To stop a nosebleed, put a drop of Lavender on a tissue and wrap it around a small piece of ice. Push the tissue-covered ice chip up under the middle of the top lip to the base of the nose and hold for as long as comfortable or until the bleeding stops.
- Tear Ducts: Rub a drop of Lavender over the bridge of th nose to unblock tear ducts.
- Dry or Chapped Skin & Lips: Rub a drop of Lavender on dry or shaped skin and lips.
- Scar Tissue: To reduce or minimize the formation of scar tissue, massage Lavender on and around the affected area.
- Deodorant: Rub 2-4 drops of Lavender over armpit area to act as a natural and non-toxic deodorant.
- Allergies & Hay Fever: Rub a drop of Lavender between your palms and inhale deeply to help alleviate the symptoms of hay fever. Swipe a touch of Lavender on the upper lip right under the nose and in the nose. Diffuse Lavender in your home to help with symptoms.
- Dandruff: Rub several drops of Lavender into the scalp to help eliminate dandruff.
- Moths & Insects: Place a few drops of Lavender on a cotton ball and place in your linen closet to scent linens and repel moths and insects.
- Water Fountains: Drop a little Lavender in your water fountain to scent the air, kill bacteria, and prolong the time between cleanings.
- Sweeten Laundry: Place a few drops of Lavender on a wet cloth and throw into the dryer to freshen and deodorize laundry.
- Cold Sores: Put a drop of Lavender on a cold sore throughout the day.
- Sunburn: Spritz several drops of Lavender mixed with water on a sunburn - after it has coded - to decrease the burn pain.
- Rashes: Apply 2-3 drops of Lavender to a rash to stop the itching and heal the skin.