Lemon Oil (Citrus Limon) has antiseptic-like properties and contains compounds that have been studied for their effects on immune function. Lemon can do anything from house cleaning to liver detoxing. Lemon concise of 68% d-limonene, a powerful antioxidant; and may be beneficial for the skin. It has cleansing and purifying properties, and is also a tonic for supporting the nervous and sympathetic nervous system.
Spiritual Influence: Because it is cleansing to spiritual bodies as well as the liver and kidney, it will release patterning and open the heart center. The result is joy and hopefulness with clear thought.
(Photosensitivity Caution: citrus oils should not be applied to skin that will be exposed to direct sunlight or ultraviolet light within 72 hours.)
Common everyday uses:
- Air Freshener: Put 6 drops of Lemon and 6 drops of Purification in a spray bottle filled with water to use in bathrooms as an air freshener.
- Sticky Residue: Use 1-2 drops of Lemon to remove residue from chewing gum, oil, grease spots, or crayons.
- Varicose Veins: Rub several drops of Lemon on varicose veins to improve circulation and relieve pressure on the veins.
- Lemonade: In a blender, mix 2 drops of Lemon, 2 tbsp of honey, and 2 cups of water. Adjust to suit your own taste. Serve chilled.
- Drinking Water: Drink an 8 oz glass of water with 1-2 drops of Lemon in it daily to detox the liver, to balance the body's pH, to help with gallstones, constipation, and heartburn. Lemon can also be dropped in tap water to flavor and purify.
- Skin Callouses: Rub a drop of Lemon on a corn, callous, bunion, or wart 2 times a day until it has disappeared.
- Fresh Fruit & Vegetables: To clean and increase the shelf life of fresh fruit and vegetables, fill a bowl with cool water and 2-3 drops of Lemon. Drop cleaned fruit into the water and stir around to be sure that all surfaces of the fruit come in contact with the Lemon.
- Countertops/Butcher's Block: Add 2-3 drops of Lemon to water and spray countertop or any type of cutting surface to sterilize it.
- Dishcloths: soak dishcloths overnight in a bowl of water and a drop of Lemon to disinfect and kill germs.
- Public Restrooms: Rub a drop of Lemon on your hands after using a public restroom to disinfect and kill germs.
- Studying: Diffusing Lemon or drinking it in water is known to wake up neurons and increase brain function during studying and testing.